The privacy and security of your information is very important to us. Whether you are booking a room or are a member of one of our loyalty programmes, we want you to trust that the information that you have provided to us is being properly managed and protected.
We have prepared this Privacy Statement to explain more about who we are and how we collect and manage your information.
Who we are
南方彩票This Privacy Statement is issued by the InterContinental Hotels Group of Companies (collectively referred to as “IHG”,“we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Statement), which includes the direct and indirectsubsidiaries of InterContinental Hotels Group PLC and covers information collected and used by us in the course of ourbusiness. When we mention "IHG", "we", "us", or "our" we are referring to the relevant company in the InterContinentalHotels Group that processes your personal information.
南方彩票Your information may also be collected and used by IHG-branded hotels. In most cases these hotels are independently ownedand their use of your information is only covered in this Privacy Statement where specifically noted.
If you would like to learn more about IHG and our relationship with our IHG-branded hotels, click below.
We are a global hospitality company with IHG-branded hotels in nearly 100 countries. We predominantly franchise our brands to, and manage hotels on behalf of, independent third-party owners. We also operate a number of programmes that are related to our hotel business such as IHG Rewards Club, which is our core loyalty programme.
We franchise our brands to, and manage hotels on behalf of, third-party owners. Most hotels operating under IHG’s brands are independently owned and operated by parties that have entered into a franchise agreement with IHG that allows them to use an IHG brand for the purposes of operating a hotel (referred to as “Franchisees” or “Franchised Hotels”). If you make a reservation through us to stay at an IHG-branded hotel, we will share your information with that hotel. However, as IHG-branded hotels are not owned or controlled by IHG, their use of your information will be governed by their own privacy practices and is only covered in this Privacy Statement where specifically noted.
Information we collect and how we use and share it
You do not have to provide us with your information although in some cases, if you do not, it may mean that you are unable to use our services. For example, we may be unable to complete any booking you may wish to make, or you may be unable to participate in our loyalty programmes.
南方彩票To learn more about how we collect, use and share your information, please click the relevant section below.
Information we collect:We collect information from you when you make a booking through our reservation system or stay at an IHG-branded hotel.Information collected during the course of the reservation and during your stay may include:
- Your name, email address, home and business address, phone number, nationality and payment card information;
- Information relating to your membership in one of our services or programmes or those of our programme partners such as your IHG® Rewards Club number or frequent flier number; and
- Information such as stay and room preferences made during the course of your reservation such as your preferred room type and specific requests to the hotel.
This information may be provided to us directly when you make a reservation through one of our global reservation offices,through our websites, directly at the hotel or through our mobile applications. In some cases we will receive thisinformation from a third-party, such as when you book through an online travel agency or if information is provideddirectly to one of our Franchisees.
How we use this information:南方彩票 We use the information collected from you primarily to fulfil your hotel reservation.Prior to your stay this may include sending your information to the hotel or sending you pre-stay communications.Following your stay, we may also send you post-stay communications and satisfaction surveys to get feedback on yourexperience.
In some instances where we have your consent or where permitted under applicable law, we may send you marketingcommunications (which may include text messages or calls placed using autodialer technology) for products and servicesthat we believe would be relevant for you. We also may use information related to your stay to display targeted advertisementson our websites or on third-party websites or to send you more relevant messaging. Additionally, we use this informationfor purposes of aggregated trend and statistical analysis to evaluate and improve our products and services, plannew hotel locations and services and other market research.
Who we share your information with: We will share your information with the hotel you are staying at tofulfil your reservation. We may also share your information with third-party service providers to provide servicesin relation to our business as well as to help us improve our products and services. For example, we might use athird party or a third-party product for the purposes of market research and data analytics, or share data with onlinepartners we work with, so we, or our online partners on our behalf, can communicate with you and serve advertisementsthrough their platforms or on other websites or platforms. In certain instances, subject to local consent requirements,third-party service providers may also assist us with various marketing campaigns. These companies are authorisedto use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may also share your informationwith third parties, including our IHG® Rewards Club partners and other third parties, to extend special offersabout their own products and services to you. These parties have agreed to comply with our privacy requirements.If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact our global customer care officesor the IHG Privacy Office.
We also share your stay information with other third parties in circumstances such as:
- when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of hotel guests, employees, the public or IHG property;
- when disclosure is required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, warrant or legal process; or
- in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction.
Information we collect:南方彩票We collect information from you during the course of your membership in any of our loyalty programmes and services, includingour core loyalty programme, IHG® Rewards Club. Information collected during the course of your enrolment andparticipation in these programmes may include:
- Your name, email address, home and business address, phone number, nationality, birthday and payment card information;
- Your membership number and pin as well as details of your memberships with any of our programme partners such as our airline or car rental partners;
- Information that you choose to provide in your loyalty profile, such as your personal stay and destination preferences; and
- Marketing preferences, including how you prefer to be contacted by IHG as well as what types of information you are interested in hearing about.
This information may be provided to us directly through our global reservation and customer care offices, through ourwebsites, via social media, directly at the hotel or through our mobile applications. In some cases we may receivethis information from a third party, such as one of our Franchisees. We may also collect information from other sources,such as publicly available information, to help identify what types of marketing information you may be interestedin hearing about.
How we use this information:We use your information to operate and provide services in connection with our loyalty programmes. We also use your informationto improve our products and services.
This may include:
- Enrolment in the loyalty programme;
- The order and delivery of merchandise that you have redeemed online;
- Sending you updates, account statements and other information relating to your participation in one of our programmes or services;
- Sending you marketing communications (which may include text messages or calls placed using autodialler technology) in relation to the products and services offered by IHG or its third-party partners or affiliates;
- Providing you with personalised advertisements or communications for IHG products or services that we believe may be relevant for you; and
- Analytics, statistical analysis and other research.
Although provision of much of the information requested is voluntary, the failure to provide certain information mayimpact and/or prevent our ability to offer you certain services.
How you can manage your marketing preferences: You can manage your preferences and decide what marketing communications you would like to receive fromus in our online preference centre. You can find out more information here.
In addition you can opt out of collection of your personal information for use in targeted advertising. Please clickhere for more information on how to do this.
We also recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any socialmedia platforms as well as your preferences within your Rewards Club account.
Who we share your information with:During the course of your participation in our loyalty programmes, it may be necessary to share your information withthird parties such as our third-party partners and service providers for the purposes of operating the programmeand to provide you with the products and services that you have requested.We also use third-party service providers to assist us with managing, carrying out and improving our advertising. Thesecompanies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We mayalso share your information with third parties, including our IHG® Rewards Club partners and other third parties,to extend special offers about their own products and services to you. These parties have agreed to comply with ourprivacy requirements. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact our or the IHG Privacy Office.
Information we collect:南方彩票 We collect information from you when you sign up to receive corporate news or shareholderdocuments. Information collected may include:
- Information relating to your registration for corporate news such as your name, email address, profession, country/region and email service preferences for news; and
- Information relating to the receipt of shareholder documents such as your initials, surname, postcode, shareholder account number, email address and password for shareholder communications.
This information may be provided to us directly when you sign up for corporate news or shareholder documents on ourcorporate site.
How we use this information: We use the information collected from you to provide you with corporate news and shareholderdocuments for which you have signed up. For corporate news, you may change your communication preferences inaccordance with the “Managing your communication preferences” section below
Who we share your information with: We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalfto help with our corporate site and our shareholder functions. These services may include the provision of shareholderdocuments. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these servicesto us. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contactour or the IHG Privacy Office.
南方彩票We will also share your information with other third parties in circumstances, such as:
- when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of hotel guests, employees, the public or IHG property;
- when disclosure is required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, warrant or legal process; or
- in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction.
There are other times when we collect and use personal information, for example if you choose to participate in one of ourcompetitions or sweepstakes, sign up to receive our newsletters or other special offers and promotions, download oneof our mobile applications or participate in one of our other services. In these instances, we will collect informationfrom you for running and administering the respective competition, sweepstakes or service that you have elected to participatein. The information collected may include personal details such as your name and address as well as certain demographicinformation. In each case, we will collect, use and secure your information in a manner consistent with the general principlesset out in this Privacy Statement unless we tell you otherwise.
We also collect information from you when you browse our website, use our mobile applications or participate in certainservices at an IHG-branded hotel. In these instances, information such as your country information, internet protocol(“IP”) address, media access control address and other characteristics about your system or device may beautomatically collected. This information is collected for functional purposes as well as to improve your experiencewhen using these services. This information may also be used for aggregated trend and statistical analysis, and for showingyou more relevant advertisements and messages. More information on these practices can be found in the “Using ourwebsites, mobile applications and other technology” section below.
The legal basis for processing your personal data: 南方彩票We are committed to collecting and using your informationin accordance with applicable data protection laws.
南方彩票We will only collect, use and share your information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to dothis. This may be because:
- you have provided your consent to us using the personal information;
- our use of your information is necessary to perform our contract with you, for example, making and managing your booking and operating and providing services in connection with our Loyalty Programme in accordance with the terms of our agreement with you;
- our use of your information is necessary to meet responsibilities we have to our regulators, tax officials, law enforcement, or otherwise meet our legal responsibilities;
- our use of your information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation, for example to operate and improve our services and to keep people informed about our products and services (including for profiling and targeted advertising) - in these cases we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to processing as explained in your rights under EU data protection laws.
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process personal information, please contact ouroffices. If you have provided your consent to our processingof your information you can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting the IHG Privacy Office.
As we operate via a global network of corporate offices, reservation and service centres, data centres and hotels, it maybe necessary to transfer your information to a country outside of the country where it was originally collected or outsideof your country of residence or nationality. The information that you provide us during the course of a reservation orthrough the provision of any other services may be transferred to any of our IHG-owned or affiliated entities and hotelsaround the world for the purposes of carrying out or facilitating these services. It will also be necessary to transferthis information to third parties, including, without limitation, our Franchisees, partners and third-party service providers.
Where we transfer information which originates in the European Union ("EU") to a country outside of the EU, we will take steps to make sure such transfer is carefully managed toprotect your privacy rights:
- transfers within the IHG Group will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of the IHG Group (an intra-group agreement) which contractually obliges each member to ensure that your information receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within the IHG Group;
- where we transfer your data outside of the IHG Group including to other companies providing us with a service, we will obtain contractual commitments and assurances from them to protect your information. Some of these assurances are well recognised certification schemes such as standard contractual clauses and the EU - U.S. Privacy Shield for the protection of personal information transferred from within the EU to the United States of America;
- we will only transfer personal information to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights; and
- any requests for information we receive from law enforcement or regulators will be carefully validated before personal information is disclosed.
Using our websites, mobile applications and other technology
We may receive information about your location during the course of and for the purpose of providing you the services described above through your use of our websites and mobile applications. For example, if you are using our mobile applications and have consented to sharing your location information with us, this information might be collected through GPS or Bluetooth technologies to enable us to provide certain services to you such as customised offers and promotions. In addition to your use of our websites and mobile applications, we may also receive location information from wireless networks or cellular towers in proximity to your mobile device, through your Internet protocol (“IP”) address or through your use of other services we provide at our hotels. We may also have access to location information that you provide to us through your use of social media, such as when you “tweet” your location. Your location preferences can be set or modified at the device level or through modifying your settings with the relevant social media platform.
南方彩票 We receive information about you when you use our mobile applications. Some information such as your device manufacturer, type and operating system version are collected automatically, while other information is only collected if you choose to provide it, such as your location information. Where we process and use your personal information in connection with any mobile applications, we will do this in line with the general principles outlined in this Statement unless we tell you otherwise.
If you use our mobile app, we also send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
南方彩票 We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
南方彩票We may use information from online sources, such as websites, social media and information sharing platforms. This informationmay be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively, as we know many of ourcustomers use a range of media channels to communicate and share information.
We may use various social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button on our websites and mobile applications.Certain information may be shared or otherwise provided to us through your use of these features in conjunction withour services and programmes. Subject to your account and privacy settings, we may also be able to see informationthat you post when using these social media platforms whether or not you are using one of our services. In some instances,depending on the circumstances, we may contact you on these social media platforms. The information you post on socialmedia sites as well as the controls surrounding these disclosures are governed by the respective policies of thesethird parties.
Where we use information from these sources, we will respect any permissions you have set about how you would like yourinformation to be used for each source.
We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any socialmedia platforms To learn more about opting out of certain types of targeted advertising, please see the “Managingcookies and opting out” section below.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
What is a cookie: A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s webbrowser or device and is used to remember as well as obtain information about that party. You might be assigned a cookiewhen visiting our websites or when using our mobile applications. In some instances, where permitted under the applicablelaw, cookies may also be used for the purposes of certain email campaigns.
What types of cookies we use and how we use them: We use three primary types of cookies, which include:
- Functional cookies – these cookies support the use of the website and applications and enable certain features to enhance your experience. For example, we use functional cookies to facilitate your reservation and to remember your selections as you move from page to page. We also use functional cookies for remembering things like your sign-in information and hotel preferences to avoid you having to re-enter it.
- Performance cookies – these cookies collect information needed to support the website and our applications and allow us to improve our website and identify any problems that you faced while visiting us. For example, performance cookies may provide us with information about how you came to our website and how you navigated around our website during your visit. We also use these cookies to provide us with certain statistical and analytics information, such as how many visitors came to our website or how effective our advertising is.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies are used to collect information from you to help us to improve our products and services as well as serve you with targeted advertisements that we believe will be relevant for you. We use targeting cookies across our websites and applications for various marketing initiatives and campaigns. For more information, please see the “Targeted advertising” section below.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, please visit:.
Third-party cookies: 南方彩票As described above, we use a number of third-party service providers to help us manage,carry out and improve our advertising. These parties set cookies at our direction to help us collect information andprovide you with advertisements that we believe would be relevant for you. In some instances these third parties mayalso assist us by providing certain statistical and analytics information in relation to our marketing practices. Wealso may share information collected through cookies (and other tracking technologies) with third parties to use fortheir own analytics and marketing purposes.
南方彩票In relation to third-party cookies, we participate in the Self-Regulatory Programme for Online Behavioural Advertising managedby the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). As part of this commitment, IHG has agreed to comply with thestandards and guidelines promulgated by the DAA. For more information regarding targeted advertisements and/or to optout of automatic collection for these purposes, please visit or. Within the EU and Canada the local DAA organisations operate a similar "ad choices" scheme: see (Europe) and (Canada). If you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser or mobiledevice from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or browsers, you will need to opt-out each browseror device that you use.
Other technologies: Other technologies such as pixels and web beacons may also be used on our websites, mobileapplications, in email messages and in other areas of our business. These technologies are used to improve our productsand services as well as our marketing efforts.
Targeted advertising: We and our third-party service providers may serve targeted advertisements through theuse of first-party or third-party cookies, pixels and web beacons when you visit our website, use our mobile applications,or visit third party websites. In some instances, these cookies may be persistent cookies. As described in theusing our websites, mobile applications and other technology南方彩票 section above, we and our third party service providers may also use cookie and other information to try to identifyother devices and web browsers that you may use so we and our third-party service providers may serve targeted advertisementsto those devices. We do this to provide you with advertising that we believe may be relevant for you as well as improveour own products and services, including the functionality and performance of our websites and mobile applications. Tolearn more about opting out of certain types of targeted advertising, please see the “Managing cookies and optingout” section above.
Do-Not-Track: Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” signals. You may, however,disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targetedadvertising by following the instructions at the and the websites.
Use of WI-FI services (IHG Connect)
When you use the IHG Connect WI-FI service (IHG Connect), we may collect and process certain additional information.
What information we collect
- Registration and user-provided information: When you register to use IHG Connect, we may collect personal information about you including your IHG Rewards Club number. You may also provide us with personal information about you in various ways when you use IHG Connect, for example, when you send us customer service-related requests.
- Device identifiers: In the course of providing the IHG Connect, we may automatically collect a device identifier (such as your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device you use to access IHG Connect. A device identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device when you access IHG Connect, and we may identify your device by its device identifier. When you use IHG Connect, we may view your device identifier and use this information to enhance our service. We may associate your device identifier with other information about you, such as your IHG Rewards Club.
- Other device information: We may also automatically record certain information from your device including, device type, the web pages, apps or sites that you visit, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use IHG Connect. While generally this information is pseudonymous and/or aggregated, this information may be associated with your IHG Rewards Club number and/or other IHG service account information or persistent identifiers. This data helps us to manage our networks and provides us with information about the use of IHG Connect. We do not, however, collect and process the contents of email communications or other electronic communications you send or receive when using IHG Connect.
- Location information: We may collect information about your location through your use of the WI-FI services we provide at our hotels to enable us to improve our service and provide certain services to you such as customized offers and promotions.
How we use the information we collect
南方彩票We use personal information only for the purposes described in this Policy, except if otherwise disclosed to you at thetime the data is collected or further authorized by law or by you.
- We use the personal information that we collect through IHG Connect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users.
We use the personal information that we collect through IHG Connect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferencesof our users, to improve the IHG Connect service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.If you provide your contact information or your IHG Rewards club number, we may send you personalized offers based onyour web usage and location. You can opt-out of receiving these offers when signing in to use the IHG Connect serviceor at any time within your IHG Rewards account. Please see the 'Managing your preferences and information' section below.
Using personal information to create profiles
As described in the section above in relation to cookies, we have relationships with third parties such as Google and Facebookwhich enable us to serve targeted advertising. In addition to the activities described under the heading TargetedAdvertising above, we also match Facebook and Google users across sites and devices which enables us to better understandyour interests. We use this information to enable us to tailor our marketing communications to you so we can makesure we tell you about things which are most likely to be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving theseoffers when signing in to use the IHG Connect service or at any time within your IHG Rewards account. Please see the'Managing your preferences and information' section below.
How we secure your information
南方彩票We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. To do this, technical,physical and organisational security measures are put in place to protect against any unauthorised access, disclosure,damage or loss of your information. The collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed tobe completely secure, however, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect yourinformation.
Managing your preferences and information
南方彩票We want to ensure that you have the necessary tools at your disposal to control the information that you provide to us, includinghow we communicate with you. It is also important that you contact us to update your information if any of it is inaccurateor changes. Please click the relevant section below to learn more about how to control how we communicate with you andhow to update, modify and delete your information.
Through the provision of the services described above, we and in some instances our Franchisees, third-party partnersand service providers, may communicate with you in relation to a reservation, as a member of any of our loyaltyprogrammes, through online digital services (e.g. online advertising, social media communications), or to supportany other services that we provide.
In some instances, especially if you are a member of IHG® Rewards Club or an InterContinental Ambassador, you can go to your account, sign in and click onthe “Communication Preferences” section to revise your communication preferences. IHG® Rewards Club members can also contact any of our. Additionally, the option to unsubscribe from marketing communicationswill be included within the communication itself. In all other cases, or if you are having difficulties withunsubscribing from any particular communication, please contact one of our or the IHG Privacy Office.
南方彩票Please be aware that unsubscribing from one type of communication may not unsubscribe you from another type. Likewise,unsubscribing from our communications may not mean that you are unsubscribed from certain communications carriedout independently by our Franchisees.
In the event any information that you provide to us is inaccurate, changes or you would like this information deleted,your information can be updated by contacting one of our . In some instances, especially if you are an IHG® Rewards Club or InterContinental Ambassador member, you can update certain aspects of your personal informationby going to your account, signing in and clicking on the “Personal Information” section to update andamend your personal information. For all other cases, please contact the IHG Privacy Office. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Please note that in some instances it may not be possible to delete certain pieces of your information and a portionof the information may be needed for suppression purposes. In other instances, we may not have the ability to deletecertain pieces of information that are stored on our systems or that have been provided to third parties in connectionwith the services discussed in this Privacy Statement.
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable informationabout you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, pleaseattest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response.You may request this information in writing by contacting us through one of the methods listed under the “Howto contact us” section. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Links to other sites
南方彩票Our websites and applications contain links to websites that are maintained and/or controlled by third parties. In some instancesthese websites may be co-branded and display our logos or other trademarks. You can always tell whether you are on oneof our websites by checking the uniform record locator (“URL”) on the page that you are visiting. We encourageyou to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not intentionally solicit or collect personal information from individualsunder the age of 18. If we are notified or otherwise discover that a minor’s personal information has been improperlycollected, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to delete that information. In limited instances, we may havea campaign or programme targeted towards children. In these instances details on the information practices will be presentedwithin the terms and conditions of the programme or campaign.
Retaining your information in our systems
We maintain a data retention policy which we apply to the records we hold.
How to contact us
For any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or our data privacy practices, please contact us:
- By email: email@example.com
- By post:
InterContinental Hotels Group
Attn: Privacy Office
Three Ravinia Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30346
- By phone: 1-770-604-8347
- By fax: 1-770-604-5275
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the extent permitted under the local law, you may also use the above contact details to request access to any of yourpersonal information that is held by IHG. These requests will be reviewed and processed in line with the local law.
Where EU data protection laws apply, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authorityat any time. However, we ask that you please try to resolve any issues with us first before referring your complaintto the supervisory authority.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
In some instances, we may have to change, modify or amend this Privacy Statement in order to comply with the evolving regulatoryenvironment or the needs of our business. Subject to any applicable legal requirements to provide additional notice,any changes to this Privacy Statement will be communicated through our websites and mobile applications. However, ifthere will be changes made to the use of your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the timeof collection we will take appropriate steps to notify you, such as by posting a notice on our website for 30 days priorto the changes taking effect or by emailing you.